2013年10月18日金曜日

Food aphorisms

There are two food aphorisms that I would like to share.

"Some people who are obsessed with food become gourmet chefs. Others become eating disorders."
- Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

I thought this quote has a very straight forward meaning saying that too much is never good if it tilts to the bad way. Eating is suppose to be an enjoyable thing, but if that eating is doing harm to one's body, than there is no fun to it.

"Anything is good if it's made of chocolate"
- Jo Brand

I simple thought this was very charming! Everyone loves chocolate and I think that nobody would get upset by recieving some.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I like the quote about food obsessions, too. Perhaps food/restaurant critics are another kind of people who have food obsessions, but, as it is part of their work, they can't escape their obsession--just like gourmet chefs. I'm now reading a memoir of a New York Times restaurant critic named Ruth Reichl, "Garlic and Sapphires." It's really interesting to know about the "behind the scenes" life of a food critic. They are almost be definition obsessed with food.

    Cheers,
    joseph d.

    返信削除