2014年1月10日金曜日

Waitress

I watched a movie called Waitress during the winter break. The movie is fiction and it is about a woman named Jenna, who is a great pie cooker. She invents unique original pies and names them after her experiences in life. Jenna is upset about her marriage and the life with her husband because her husband Earl orders her and restricts Jenna in every way. When Jenna finds out that she is pregnant, she is not very happy or actually upset. She secretly hides money around the house, dreaming of escaping from her awful husband. Jenna has no love toward her baby and she is worried of becoming a mother. Jenna starts having an affair with her doctor knowing it is wrong. At the end of the movie, Jenna is happy with her baby and decides to live with the two of them. She ends both relationships with her husband and the doctor and opens her own pie diner.

I thought this movie was heartwarming. I prefer happy endings than sad ones (I guess most people do) so I was relieved to find out that this movie ended happily. Even though the movie was touching and sweet, I would say the movie was OK. It was not especially good or bad, so I would not recommend it. The movie was too normal so I think it would've been better if it had more catchy scenes.

2 件のコメント:

  1. Your description of this movie is very clear and sufficiently detailed. It sounds like one of those movies that has lots of potential but falls a bit flat. I don't think it's my "cup of tea" or, maybe I should say, "piece of pie." A movie about food which was also quite heart-warming, but enjoyable and fun as well, is "Chocolat," with Johnny Depp. You might want to check it out when you have time.

    返信削除
  2. Sounds like an alright movie. I might watch it because i like pie.

    返信削除